Sunday, 7 November 2010

Basketball shooting tips and advice

When it comes to the subject of the shooting, there is a lot of basketball advice there. It can be overwhelming for young players to absorb all the information they come across and then implement it if they are on the right bank. For this article I tried to simplify the topic as much as possible and coverage of the key elements of good shooting.


Placement of feet and Body


The best shooters will begin by just 2-3 feet from the basket shooting when they start warming up. If you try to add a new shot, this is the best way to learn it. From 2-3 feet, not the 3 point line. Get straight to the basket, do not start from the side or try bank shots. Start directly in, because you want to swish each shot. We start off the feet first and that is by getting your feet shoulder-width apart with your knees bent a little. I put one foot slightly ahead of the other. I am left handed so it's my right foot place I forward. If you are left-handed, it would be the left foot that you would put in the foreground.If we move up on our shoulders, make sure your shoulders in balance or on your hips square.If I am raising my arms to shoot the ball, I have to make sure that my body is in balance and aligned. I don't want to deposit to one side or tilt too far forward. I must be in balance with the weight of my body on the balls of my feet.


Hands


This is something that is just as good as it should be is not taught. Players are usually decent on the legs and shoulders, but awful when it comes to the hands. You may have read about me refer to players like thumb shooters in other articles. These are the players who use their way hand thumb to help propel the ball to the basket. These players are usually very streaky in their shots because the shot rarely repeats the same message. Take the ball with one hand on the first and shooting from 2-3 metres but you off hand to help yet. Make sure you keep your elbow in and the correct rotation on the ball. For practice, by ensuring that you have the ball of the logo on the ball shoot so you can see the rotation that you should get. The ball must be shot out of your pointer finger and middle finger.If the ball out of the last three fingers, then you have to do some settings before you can bring your off hand.Once your release sound, then stay at the 2-3 foot range and bring the off hand. your hand off elbow should stay in as well and only guide the ball. make sure that the same rotation using the hand of the Guide. If you find that the rotation is different or the ball comes out of your shooting hand different, then stop and restart without the Guide hand. Nothing needs to change using the hand of the Guide.


Target


This is a great debate as some coaches say to strive toward the back of the rim and others on the front of the border. I think it is best to seek the back edge. in my opinion, it is better to Miss long because during the game will make you tired and the ball will be there when you need it. the most important thing is to have a place that you're aiming for and focusing, don't think about is missing. Think about making the shot and a positive attitude. Please keep in mind that shooting is like golf in that you previously would miss long than short, you want the ball to give a chance to respond. When you this short let, has zero chance to go.


Jump Shots


The jump shot is one of the most fundamental principles applied in basketball. it differs from a set of shot in that the player jumps in the air for releasing the ball for a young player, this is very difficult to achieve. Do not start too young to shoot this if you are not ready. I think a jump shot started young age can lead to poor mechanics. What happens is children are not strong enough yet the ball into the basket from far away to get and because they have to strain yourself they develop bad habits that are hard to get rid of it.A good jump shot is drawn from within the free throw line, not the 3 point line.One of the most beautiful photos that I've seen a long time is j.j. Redick. He obeys all the correct rules. Balanced meters, square shoulders and his hand off strictly used just to get the ball lead. he gets excellent spin on the ball and shoot the ball over his head where he sees the basket with both eyes. Other great shooters, as Larry Bird followed the same principles.Bird shot was not as nice as the Redick, but his release was seamlessly. it came from the right part of the hand and he could see the basket with both eyes. It was just great to look up close. I say this a lot, but if your elbow right when you shoot the ball will probably straight. Let's not make it harder than it already is.


Lay-ups


I was terrible at lay-ups growing up.I cost myself hundreds of points because I couldn't make one.It seemed to me important enough to some of the foundations of a solid lay-up to cover.


When I was 12 years old, I went to a basketball camp where the coach filmed us driving for a lay-up.I only got about my lay-up phobia and was OK with filmed as I thought I was the guy.When we watched the tapes, we were all amazed at a simple mistake that some of us were doing.When we are in for the lay-up would come we would bring the ball to the other side of our body before we brought up to shoot with the right hand. I was worse than everyone on this. by doing so, I gave the respondent an opportunity to hit the ball away or just knock it away from me. Also I learned that this was an important reason I so badly lay-ups in previous years.


If you're a lay-up make sure you to concentrate on using proper footwork. If you are on the right side, usually use the left foot jump off and vice versa from the other side. for younger players, quite frankly, this is a big challenge. Young players do not be alarmed if this doesn't work for you of course immediately. Finally, do not take off too far away from the basket or too late. This can only be learned by practicing and know what your personal limitations. I recently learned that my limitations have changed as I got older. not fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment